Please use the online referral form if you wish to refer someone to the programme.
You can contact any of the following people below should you wish to discuss any issues before making a referral.
- MOVE GALWAY, SLIGO, MIDLANDS (ATHLONE) – Contact: 0858748108
- MOVE CORK – Contact: 0866044047
- MOVE DUBLIN, MEATH, TALLAGHT, SWORDS – Contact: 0864149591
- MOVE LIMERICK/CLARE, NORTH TIPPERARY, KERRY – Contact: 0864149613
Referred men must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for MOVE programme:
- There is a pattern of acknowledged or proven domestic violence towards his partner/ex-partner
- Men are able to accept responsibility for the abuse and violence in their relationships and show a willingness to want to change the way they behave.
- Men are ready and able to work in a group setting
- The programme is not suitable for men who have committed sexual offences against children or be subject of a current investigation in relation to child sexual abuse.
- To ensure the safety of women and children who have been affected by the men’s behaviours, MOVE will expect contact details for man’s current and/or ex-partners at the assessment stage in order to offer her support.
- Referrals from Probation must be accompanied with a SARA (Spousal Assault Risk Assessment)
- Referrals from TUSLA must remain in a case management capacity for the duration of the programme.
- If your client has ongoing mental health or chaotic drug /alcohol use, they may not be suitable. Please provide details of involvement in mental health and /or substance misuse services to allow us to assess these issues comprehensively.
- Unfortunately we do not offer interpreting services to men and as such, potential referrals will need to have a good command of English.
- Women (ex) partners with interpreting needs may be facilitated in some circumstances through the Women’s Aid Helpline.