The head office is located in Ennis, County Clare providing administrative and operational support nationally.
There are currently MOVE programmes in the following areas:
- Dublin ( Swords, Tallaght and City Central)
- Limerick/ Clare
- North Tipperary
Local Advisory groups support the implementation of the programme in each of the above areas. They have strong links with other local services working with women victims, violent men and/or families at risk, such as health service workers, probation officers, An Garda Siochanna and a range of other local statutory and voluntary services.
The core role and function of local advisory groups is to promote the work of MOVE Ireland at local level through a range of actions including;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with prospective referrers.
- Monitoring the uptake of referrals to the CHOICES programme and undertake actions to improve referrals to the programme;
- Supporting the head office in raising awareness of the work of MOVE Ireland and the impact of domestic violence through linking with Domestic Violence Area Networks and other forums.
- Local areas are also supported by MOVE Coordinators who ensure the smooth running of the programmes locally. There contact details are as follows:
- MOVE GALWAY, SLIGO, MIDLANDS (ATHLONE) – Contact: 0858748108
- MOVE CORK – Contact: 0866044047
- MOVE DUBLIN, MEATH, TALLAGHT, SWORDS – Contact: 0864149591
- MOVE LIMERICK/CLARE, NORTH TIPPERARY, KERRY – Contact: 0864149613
Partner Contact Services are contracted by MOVE Ireland in each area to provide support to current or ex-partners. This is an integral part of the programme.
Whilst every effort is made to engage with the current or ex-partner, MOVE Ireland fully appreciates that some women will chose not to take up the offer of support.